IVF (in vitro fertilization) an important and most commonly used assisted reproductive technology used to achieve a healthy pregnancy. The first successful case of an IVF treatment was reported in the year 1978 and the first test tube baby was born.
Earlier, the women were not given any fertility drugs that during an IVF treatment. This is an indication that, a lot of fertility drugs is not always essential for the success of an IVF treatment. It is recommended to consult the infertility specialist to know the chances of success with IVF treatment. The IVF success rate in Hyderabad is comparatively high from Mini-IVF treatment.
Minimal Stimulation IVF
Minimal stimulation IVF is not as common as the traditional IVF treatment. Minimal stimulation IVF treatment can help the infertile couples an alternative treatment to the traditional IVF treatment. The common difference between a traditional, standard IVF and mini IVF is:
- Mini IVF or minimal stimulation IVF generally involves the less medication intake when compared to the standard IVF
- The cost of a mini IVF is comparatively less when compared to standard IVF cost.
- This treatment generally requires less time commitment
Mini IVF Treatment Procedure
Mini IVF treatment varies from clinic to clinic and the success rate completely depends on many factors. The procedure includes:
- Your infertility specialist may prescribe birth control pills to regulate your cycle before starting the mini IVF treatment.
- An ultrasound will be done just to ensure that you are a right candidate for IVF treatment.
- If everything goes well, your infertility specialist may prescribe certain medication to boost your ovulation that will encourage your body to produce more amounts of eggs than the normal.
- Once your doctor ensures that your follicles are fully ripe and mature, human chronic gonadotropin injection (hCG) is given
- The egg retrieval, fertilization, and embryo transfer will remain the same as the standard IVF treatment
Will Mini IVF increase the chances of getting Pregnant?
Minimal stimulation IVF has high chances of resulting in pregnancy when compared to natural IVF cycle that makes use of fertility medications. The success rate of mini IVF is comparatively low from standard IVF. Minimal IVF is generally considered as controversial and as there are some critiques of this procedure:
- By using mini-IVF treatment may help in retrieving 2-4 eggs for fertilization process. In few cases, there is an increased chance that no eggs will be retrieved at all.
- BY using standard IVF treatment, your infertility specialist may be able to retrieve around 8-15 eggs. Lower the number of eggs lowers the success rate of IVF treatment.
- IVF cycle may be more likely to be canceled in case of mini IVF procedure.
Consult your infertility specialist to know the quality and quantity of eggs that are produced in each ovulation cycle. Mini IVF procedure is generally not preferred when compared to the standard IVF treatment in Hyderabad.